home about contact Mothering

Friday, January 25, 2013

Painting on Wood

Since I've been MIA for so long, I thought I'd do a post of a couple pieces I did before Christmas.  My mother recently had a new deck built, and as the men were throwing wood in the garbage, my mom was digging them out for me to art with!  Good mom!

So, I started doing some paintings on wood.



 and here she is finished.  This was a painting for an artist friend of mine.  I actually forgot to take real pics with my real camera.  I think I should.  This lady came out perfectly and I hold her close. I miss her, but I think  she is happy in her new home.



and then, Zombie girl!


I love this second stage...


Hubs really liked her, so we're keeping her around.  Do you love the Zombie craze?  The Walking Dead is seriously the best show I've ever seen!  I finally got the THE episode in this season the other night, and cry my heart out, I did!  Ugh. Tore me up!


and a couple more I started on wood, but have yet to finish.




I was loving the love out of her until I kept going and ...


now I just don't know what to do with her!

or her...



Happy Paint Party Friday! 

15 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh! LOVING the wood! I totally want to copy you now :)
    I love the zombie piece too - and the bold red haired-lady with the bird make me swoon! Bravo, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent creative faces on beautiful wood ~ Love them all! ~ Carol

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paintings on wood...fabulous! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the various stages of these paintings!!
    A prolific week for you!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  5. The zombie girl is awesome and I like how you have photographed them.. they look amazing with the different angles being highlighted...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what really lovely depth in color and expression-gorgeous portraits! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your gorgeous girls on wood, they are all fab Daniele, no wonder you want to keep them. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture of the wood.....just keep playing with those others....they'll turn to love again :)

    Love Walking Dead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your painting and the great color and bit of whimsy!! So cool!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like seeing the wood grain behind the paint! Cool process! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant!! So need to try painting on wood.... love the effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wood is a medium to be studied to work with, it is gratifying to me when I get to finish a play and say "good". Your work is very good, always experimenting. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your painting on wood.I must try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That second to last photo! Wow, the colors are so beautiful! I love the texture the wood grain, too, but mostly I love your EYES. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you!!!