home about contact Mothering

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A good moment, a rotten day.





I would say the average for rotten days is around 50% these day.  It is depressing.  It usually is from my lack of patience, sleep, and Paige only weeks away from turning two.  Add Maddy's moods, and Kelsey's needs, and woe is me. My hard hard hard baby Paiger is turning into a hard hard hard toddler.  I wonder how to do this all over again.  However, even during the most trying days, there always seems to be a little sunshine, even as we are flooded with rain.  Our moment yesterday was playing on the stairs, in my shoes.

Today's highlight was walking downstairs to babe getting into my ink and sprays.  I cannot believe I left them out last night.  See, too tired to care.   I call this one Puppy Nose.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I feel you on this. Having my camera constantly within reach helps me diffuse the emotion of what's going on and see that all of it is just one moment. That and bourbon. Bourbon helps too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that puppy nose! Once, my oldest, when he was about 18 months old, got into my chalk and it was all over his mouth! He looked as though he had red rabies foam at the mouth. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! And That first shot?! My favorite. . . What a beautiful talent you have for capturing your feelings both with words and photography - thank you for sharing ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey you!!!