home about contact Mothering

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Orange


I believe this is the last week of Summer of Color, and I must say that I am relieved. I have had so much fun painting and playing along.  I am thankful that I have opened myself up to new, and made so many pieces that I would have never made, but I am full, and need to welcome fall with rested arms, and focus on my girls.

All the writing here, comes from Oh, The Places You'll Go! Dr. Suess.  This book has been my favorite since Kelsey was very small.  I always knew she needed more guidance and this book always seemed to fit. Many years later, and at nearly 11 years old, her struggles continue and grow heavy.  Last night, this book seemed so appropriate, and I am hoping we can sit together and read it again. I am at a loss for how to walk her through life.  This is nothing new, but it weighs me down, and our hearts, together, are so heavy at times.

I worked a little different this week.  I found a site about Fearless Painting.  Have you heard of this?  I must find her blog again and share.  I read a bit and watched a little video, and decided to paint fearlessly, paint like a child.  This is where it took me, and I am so pleased.


I am looking forward to fall.  Perhaps a little time to me, getting back into some photography, and more learning, and lots more running!  ...see those tired swollen poor feet?  I did some serious interval sprints, and it's hot (certainly you know this) and running and heat make my feet look like pregnant feet.  Poor feet!


19 comments:

  1. I love this! It gives me the feeling of being free and just letting go and having fun with it! I love all the texture as well! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cool, unique piece from you! I have SO loved playing with you this Summer and seeing all of your beautiful art - thank you for sharing them with us! This is a great page and I love the Dr. Seuss quotes. Poor feet - although a great shot came from it ;) Hope they get better, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...the similarities never stop...I have been having serious conversations about oh the placed you'll go with another of summer of colour participants...can't remember the name but you must see all her dr suess quote pieces...we conversed a bit about oh the places you'll go...it happens to be my favourite book!..I hVe been k.own to read it to my friends in one sitting..and it is a great..my...phodopjy of lifes!..it give it ad gifts to newborn babies mamas...I just love it....and I love what you have done with it....fearless painting sounds fun to me...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps...please concentrate on the positives with Kelsey....when you feel heavy hearted look at her and smile..this simple act can amazingly lift the spirits....we know that feeling well in our family with our little sick guy...its tough...but you just gotta go with the flow and be thankful for the great days....you know my email if you ever want to talk...xxxi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did reat! Yes, we ran out of colors. :)) I love fealess painting. It's Connie from Dirty Footprints Studio. She is posting free videos now about toal alignment. You should check it out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your fearless painting and the great quotes. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful energy and flow - I used a quotes from the same book for my orange piece

    Love the idea of fearless painting - off to hunt it down

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go see Helena...that'd who had been sou.g the Dr suess quote...this one is from oh the places you'll go...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the combo of the pinks and oranges in your fearless painting.
    ...and no, I've not heard of this before, off to investigate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love painting, doodling and journaling this way - it is so freeing! I just love the juicy color and texture with the added intrest of the text. Wonderful! I too could use a little more time to art in the colors I choose and without fear of deadlines but I would not trade this wonderful experience Kristin has provided us for anything!
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have had a great time this summer though certainly not all colors were easy. I loved looking back through your posts to follow your journey and it was SO interesting and filled with variety and creativity. Isn't it great how art can provide balance and joy? And it's always there waiting, whenever we find the time......Continue to enjoy the journey; you're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely post. I really love your orange piece, it's so free. I think we always create beauty when we create fearlessly. Great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like it ...i like it so much...I think that art makes me feeling better, relaxing and sometimes giving me a good stress too hi hi hi...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you participated in this. It gave me a chance to find you and get to know you! I'm a bit relieved for the end of it too, but only because it's been unusually crazy with moving. I'm hoping for a Fall art adventure too. I love your piece, it has great texture and it looks like you're unwinding. And Dr. Seuss is always a joy, this is one of my faves as well. I hope you will get some time to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this very much and Dr. S has helped me and mine through many a troubled time. I am glad you liked my calendar and you can still join in if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drinking my weight in Diet Coke today and thought of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way this painting turned out. I hope your spirits can lift above the troubles and fly free for at least a small time each day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great art! Really like all the movement the words create. I too love the fearless painting site - there is such truth in getting back to childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great page! I definitely get the feeling of being free when I see it. I have read Connie's blog & watched her videos. She is fabulous & fearless in the way she creates. Be fearless, childlike and let go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you!!!