home about contact Mothering

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Happiness

After feast fun at Grandma's! 
I love Thanksgiving so much.  I feel it is the most important holiday and changes our focus, hopefully, to what we actually have and to appreciate it.  There is always so much to moan about.  This is true for everyone, as everything really is relative.  This past year I have tried so hard to change my focus from venting, I leave it for my husband, mom, and besties, and focus on what I really do have.  I have an abundance of love in my life.

For our Thanksgiving we spent it with my mom in her first first home in Colorado.  This retired woman is living the life now!  Beautiful home, here with us, and a visitor to share in the celebrations. 

Then we decorated my mother's first tree in her new home...and all is well.



4 comments:

  1. oh..i vent alot too..to peeps that get what the venting is all about...so...i love this tree...we are hopefully doing ours next weekend...i LOVE from now til Christmas..is so fun...take care d...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to have a holiday to celebrate something other than greed & pressure & expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, it's so beautiful! Your post and those pictures - and the tree you girls decorated for her is so so pretty! What a wonderful end to the day and the perfect beginning to the season, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Such wonderful photographs to capture these special moments! Beautiful. I love Thanksgiving too! Just came across your blog today and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you!!!