home about contact Mothering

Friday, February 4, 2011

Week 5 of 52 and some happy news!

again, and again, I didn't get out much this week.  Colorado was frozen, and we basically had to stay in.  At first, it was fun.  And then it began to eat at the soul.

Day before the freeze, we went to the park.  It was a dark day for my Kelsey.


The girls needed projects to do, which made more mess than I could handle...but I tried. Can you believe these are 8 year old hands?  Madison has such confidence in her sewing abilities. Unfortunately, her cat kept getting up and pulling at the string.  We gave up and she worked on her scarf project by hand.  ...She is wearing socks, made into gloves in one second, on her hands!  I did love those socks!


I worked on some LOVE letters this week for my Sunday Workshop.  I am not ready for it!  


and I snapshot!



Linking the weeks photos The Daily Wyatt and NapTimeMomTog and ClickitupaNotch

happy news?  My piece "Create" will be in the Spring Somerset Memories! 

and The Daily Wyatt also picked another one of my pics this week! Fun!




19 comments:

  1. those totally don't look like 8 yr old hands! they're so pretty & elegant & not babyish.
    congrats on the published piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I know how to sew! That's definitely one craft I am really sad that I don't know how to do :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give private sewing lessons, and I have to say, that 8 years old is the perfect age to start-- old enough to handle the responsibility, yet young enough to not be afraid of failing or making mistakes (which happens too often in adults!).
    I love the angle on the picture (and the story about the cat with the thread- mine do the same thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. Great photos. I really want to learn to sew. That is wonderful that she is sewing. Such a creative family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I never would have guessed that those were 8yr old hands!! Very cool pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, love your photos! I love the texture in the first one and how the LOVE letters look. And I can't believe that's an 8 year old sewing! awesome. I wish I could sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you encourage your daughter to be so creative! My mother was the same way! I learned to cross stitch at an early age and then learned to sew. I now really enjoy quilting although I don't have much time for it as I would like. Those letters look fabulous!! What are you going to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the processing on the first one and the little owl hat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice photos! I love the one of your daugher sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pictures. I love the sewing hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To answer your question, there are to ways to do it. first when you create a post go to the tab that says edit html and post the button in there. or you can right click and save the picture and then include it in your post but hyperlink it. does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the inclusion in Somerset, that is so wonderful! The LOVE letters are awesome too. And it's so nice to see young girls show an interest in sewing. It's such a valuable skill to have. My daughter never showed much interest when she was young.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool that she likes to sew. I have been meaning to teach my daughters.

    Thanks for stopping by today! Good to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the love letters!! gorgeous photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danielle,

    I am so sorry I am just replying to the comment you left me regarding the Disney half marathon and your training. I know that has nothing to do with your current post, but I don't have your email address.

    Here is my email address amboleslie@gmail.com. Shoot me an email and I will send some pointers your way. I know the overwhelmed feeling, but I had never ran more than 3 miles (neither had my sister) before we began training for our first half.

    BTW, cool stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you!!!