home about contact Mothering

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A deep little project.

This month I have been following an ecourse on Willowing.org.  Fabulous site, and her style similar, yet oh so different.  There is a wonderful free ecourse about healing.  Although I have a deadline, yes I really have a real deadline for a piece I am making (totally secret right now), I can't help but work on this healing project.  This is the second project in the course, and it is an altered board book, childhood trauma healing art journal.

Here are a few glimpses of a few pages.  All still works in progress.

Here is my cover, mostly done.

This is a photo of me and my father at his wedding (they divorced soon after).  I just seem to be looking up at him, and now I see longing, for the family I never had...for the father barely exists.

A background to a new page.

and here is where I stepped out of my zone.  Not ready to share whole page.  It is a fun page, yet it feels odd to me.  It doesn't fit, although, with what the spread is about, it does fit.  Not sure what to do, but I am enjoying the process, and coming to terms with what I really want for my family.

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your project so far! I can see that it has so much meaning, it really comes through...can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how creative!

    I just wanted to get back to you about the question you asked on my blog... :) Thanks for visiting it!

    I actually wrote a post about my reasons for switching from Canon to Nikon here:
    http://homeschoolingmomtographer.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-switch-from-canon-to-nikon.html

    I'm also so glad to hear that you are enjoying homeschooling! We're just beginning our journey and it's encouraging to hear other positive stories. :)

    ~Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are lovely...did you try the portrait?it was a wonderful course, however, i didn't do the whole thing...it will be there for when i have more time!!!take carexxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey you!!!